Application for House of KI NO BI Membership “ELEMENTS”
We are delighted that you have chosen to become an ELEMENTS member, a group for devotees of KI NO BI Kyoto Dry Gin.
As an ELEMENTS member, you will receive various benefits, including discounts at House of KI NO BI and exclusive access to the Gin Palace, a very special place within the House.
To become a member costs ¥6,000 and you will receive a complimentary bottle of KI NO BI House Gin as a welcome gift.
There is no annual renewal fee and you will be given your own ELEMENTS membership card.
- A 10% discount in the shop, bar and Gin Palace.
- Exclusive rights to make reservations for the Gin Palace.
- Exclusive access to our House of KI NO BI web shop (expected early 2021)
- A members-only email newsletter twice a year
- Invitation to a special event every year for ELEMENTS members
- Members-only distillery tours of The Kyoto Distillery once the situation allows
Terms and Conditions
- The membership card can only be used by the person named on it. Membership is not transferable.
- In order to receive membership benefits, membership cards must be shown to staff upon arrival at House of KI NO BI.
- Membership benefits cannot be used at the same time as other promotions.
- These benefits may change or be cancelled without prior announcement.
- 500 yen will be required to reissue lost membership cards.
How to apply
The application and payment is available at the House of KI NO BI only.
Please contact at the store for further questions during business hours.
The House of KI NO BI
358 Shimizu-cho, Kawaramachi-dori Nijo-agaru, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-0911
Open Tuesday ~ Sunday; 11:00 ~ 21:00 (Closed on Monday)
Concept and Design
The term “Gin Palace” was first used in the 1820s to describe lavish, sumptuously decorated London bars selling gin and other spirits. The style of design, described by Charles Dickens as “perfectly dazzling”, influenced many aspects of later Victorian pubs.
By serving drinks in antique cocktail glasses in a room featuring period furniture and décor, our aim was to recreate the look of a Gin Palace in our beautiful 100-year-old machiya.
At the Gin Palace, you can order from our grand menu but also have opportunities to experience our vintage cocktail menu, using old spirits and liqueurs from the 60s and 70s, some rare Japanese single malt whiskies such as Karuizawa or Chichibu and also the entire KI NOH BI series, the first cask aged gin produced in Japan by the Kyoto Distillery.
Access and How to Book
Only ELEMENTS members can make reservations to use the Gin Palace; they may bring with them a maximum of three non-members. To book a table, please call at 075-223-0457 during the House of KI NO BI business hours (12.00pm~21.00pm except Mondays) at least a day in advance of the date you would like to visit.
The Gin Palace is open on Wednesday, October 14th.
There is a cover charge of ¥1,500 per person; this includes a welcome drink.
Please ask staff for more details for private use for Gin Palace.